Connect me to:
Tea in Pancake Rolls
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Tea in Pancake Rolls|
1 Tablespoon green tea leaves
1/2 pound all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon corn oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup water
1. Pulverize half of the tea leaves with a grinder or a rolling pin.
2. Brew the rest, with half cup of water, for three minutes, then cool to lukewarm.
3. Mix the flour and as much brewed tea as kneaded to make a dough. Knead well then make it into the shape of a cigar and press it flat, then roll it into a rectangular shape. Cut into quarters.
4. Heat the oil and pan fry one or two until lightly browned, then quickly put them on a plate and fry the rest. Sprinkle them with the rest of the tea leaves and the sugar and roll each one loosely.
5. Cut each of them on an angle into one inch pieces and serve.