Connect me to:
Steamed Stuffed Rose Cakes
Fruits, Desserts, and Other Sweet Foods
|Steamed Stuffed Rose Cakes|
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
5 eggs, beaten until light in color
1 egg yolk, beaten
3 Tablespoons Chinese rose wine
1 cup flour
1/2 pound slab of Chinese brown sugar, crushed
1/4 pound minced or ground pork
2 Tablespoons minced water chestnuts
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
2 Tablespoons water chestnut flour
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1. Oil an eight-inch square baking pan.
2. Mix eggs, egg yolk, and the rose wine. Then beat in the flour a tablespoon at a time, and finally the brown sugar.
3. Pour into the oiled pan, and steam over boiling water for twenty-five minutes. Check with an inserted toothpick, and if it comes out clean, remove from the steamer if not, allow it to steam another five minutes and check it again. Then cool.
4. Fry the pork and water chestnuts for two minutes, then add the soy sauce and the vinegar, and fry another two minutes.
5. Mix the water chestnut flour and the cornstarch with one tablespoon cold water, and stir into the meat mixture. Cool this for half an hour.
6. Cut the steamed cake in two-inch squares, and cut each of them in half through parallel to the table surface.
7. Fill with the bottom halves with some meat mixture, cover, and serve warm or at room temperature.