Connect me to:
West Lake Fish with Shallot Oil
Fish and Seafood
|West Lake Fish with Shallot Oil|
1 two pound croaker or carp
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Shallots, peeled and minced
2 Tablespoons mushroom soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Shao Xing rice wine
2 slices peeled and minced fresh ginger
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon crushed brown slab sugar
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1. Cut croaker or carp in half, discard the center bone, scale the fish, and discard the entrails.
2. Put the fish halves on a flat plate and slide them into boiling water, simmering for two minutes. Remove them to the flat plate and discard all but half cup of water.
3. Add the oil, shallots, soy sauce, rice wine, ginger, granulated and the crushed brown sugar to the pan.
4. Mix vinegar and the cornstarch and stir into the soy sauce mixture add the fish, and bring to the boil stirring carefully until it boils and thickens.
5. Carefully transfer the fish to a preheated platter, pour the thickened sauce over, and serve.