Connect me to:
Pear Cakes Stuffed with Red Bean Paste
Fruits, Desserts, and Other Sweet Foods
|Pear Cakes Stuffed with Red Bean Paste|
1 Chinese pear, peeled, core discarded, fruit diced
1 cup all purpose flour
1 egg, beaten until light yellow
1 cup red bean paste
1 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Mix pear pieces, flour, egg, and one cup of cool water, then knead them. Divide into six balls and roll into thin pancakes.
2. Divide the bean paste into six parts, and put one batch of bean paste in the center of each pear dough, fold the dough in half with no bean paste showing through.
3. Heat a fry pan or a wok, add the oil, then the folded filled pancakes and fry them on each side until golden brown.
4. Next, steam the pear cakes covered and in a steamer basket over boiling water for five minutes. Remove them to a pre-heated serving dish.
5. Heat the sugar and one tablespoon cold water in a small pot while the pear cakes are steaming. Just before serving, pour this sugar water over them and serve.