Connect me to:
Steamed Ground Pork
|Steamed Ground Pork|
1 ounce bean thread noodles
6 dried Chinese black mushrooms
1 pound ground pork
3 peeled and minced garlic cloves
3 shallots peeled and minced
4 eggs, three beaten well, the other one set aside
2 ounces canned anchovies, minced with their oil
2 fresh chili peppers, seeded and minced
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
3 cups freshly cooked rice
1. Soak noodles and the mushrooms separately in warm water for half an hour. Cut the noodles into one-inch pieces and discard the mushroom stems and slice them thinly.
2. In a large bowl, mix the pork, garlic, shallots and the three beaten eggs, then add the anchovies, chili peppers, and the ground pepper, and gently stir into the pork mixture.
3. Put the pork mixture into a round heat-proof pan and smooth the surface making a small indent into the meat. Then break the last egg into this.
4. Put two inches of water into a steamer or a large pot, bring it to the boil, cover the pot and steam for forty minutes.
5. Put the hot-cooked rice into a wide serving bowl, take the pork out by extra-large tablespoons and put it decoratively on and around the rice, then serve.