Connect me to:
Clams with Fermented Black Beans
Fish and Seafood
|Clams with Fermented Black Beans|
1 pound fresh shelled clams
2 Tablespoons fermented black beans, rinsed
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoons seeded fresh red chili pepper, minced
2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 two-inch square pieces tangerine peel, soaked until soft
1 teaspoon each, light and dark soy sauces
1/4 pound yellow Chinese chives, each cut in one-inch sections, rinsed and drained well
1. Rinse clams to be sure there is no sand or shell pieces with them; then drain them well.
2. Separately mince black beans and tangerine peel, drain the peel; and set each aside separately.
3. Mix the clams with the cornstarch.
4. Heat wok or fry pan, add oil and fry the black beans for one minute. Then add the chili pepper, ginger, and garlic, and stir-fry for another minute. Be careful not to burn them. Then add both soy sauces and bring to the boil.
5. In an oven-proof bowl, add the clams, chili pepper mixture, and the chives, then pour the black bean-chili mixture and the soy sauces over them, and stir well, and put the bowl over boiling water in a steamer, cover, and steam for four minutes.
6. Re-Preheat the rest of the oil in a small pan.
7. Pour pre-heated oil over clam mixture, and serve.