Connect me to:
Oysters, Bean Curd, and Huang Qi
Soups and Congees
|Oysters, Bean Curd, and Huang Qi|
1/2 pound small fresh oysters
1 pound box of soft or silken bean curd
2 Tablespoons huang qi
2 scallions, diced
2 teaspoons thin soy sauce
1/4 teaspoons ground white pepper
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with two teaspoons cold water
1. Rinse, drain, and dry on paper towels, the fresh oysters.
2. Cut the bean curd into one-inch pieces.
3. Simmer the huang qi in two cups of cold water until only half cup of the liquid remains.
4. Next, add the oysters, bean curd, soy sauce, ground pepper, and sesame oil and simmer for ten minutes.
5. Thicken by boiling and stirring in the cornstarch mixture. Pour this into a pre-heated bowl and serve.
Note: Additional boiling water, up to four cups, can be added at the end to make this dish more soupy.