Connect me to:
Meat Balls with Fu Ling II
|Meat Balls with Fu Ling II|
1 pound ground pork
1/2 onion, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, finely minced and mixed with one tablespoon hot water
1 egg, beaten well
1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups chicken stock
6 fu ling, soaked until soft, drained, and cut in one-inch pieces
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
2 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
4 whole Sichuan peppercorns
6 small Shanghai cabbage, boiled for three minutes
1 scallion, minced
1 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed with one tablespoon cold water
1. Mix the ground pork, onion, ginger, beaten egg, dark soy sauce, and corn starch and make one and a half-inch meat balls. and in a wok or fry pan, brown them in the oil just until lightly browned. Then remove them from the fry pan and set aside on paper towels.
2. Bring the chicken stock to the boil, reduce the heat and add meatballs, then simmer for ten minutes.
3. Add fu ling pieces, rice wine, thin soy sauce, sugar, and peppercorns, and simmer five minutes more
4. Remove the meatballs and put them on a pre-heated deep platter, add the Shanghai cabbage just until hot, then drain it and place them around the meatballs.
5. Boil the remaining liquid with the cornstarch mixture, and when thickened, pour over the meatballs and fu ling, and serve.