Connect me to:
Ribs in Dark Beer
|Ribs in Dark Beer|
3 pounds pork ribs
1/4 cup dark beer
1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons ketchup or tomato paste mixed with one Tablespoon hot water
1. Separate the pork into individual ribs, then dry each one with a paper towel.
2. Mix beer, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, and both soy sauces and marinate the ribs covered overnight. The next day, drain removing all the liquid.
3. Mix the cornstarch with the drained meat and allow to rest for half an hour before heating a wok or deep fry pan and adding the oil, then the meat.
4. Deep fry for ten to fifteen minutes before draining the ribs and setting the oil aside for another use.
5. Mix ketchup or tomato paste and water with the ribs, and stir-fry for five minutes, then serve.