Connect me to:
Mango and Pomelo Ice
Fruits, Desserts, and Other Sweet Foods
|Mango and Pomelo Ice|
1/4 pomelo, peeled and seeded, the peel and exterior discarded; then tear the citrus flesh into small pieces each no larger than a teaspoon
1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into half-inch squares
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon assam powder
1 quart shaved ice ready for use in the freezer
1. Put the pomelo into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate, and chill for three hours.
2. Put the mango into another bowl, cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate, and chill for three hours.
3. Mix sugar and the assam powder with half a cup of cold water, and put this in a small pot. Heat and stir until the sugar and assam powder are dissolved.
4. Cool, and put into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for three hours or until cold. This can be made up to this point one or two days in advance.
5. Smash the contents in each bowl. Using individual bowls, put some pomelo pieces on the ice, then some mango pieces on that, and finally pour some assam syrup over this, and serve.