Connect me to:
Boiled Chicken with Pork and Rice Stuffing
|Boiled Chicken with Pork and Rice Stuffing|
1/2 pound lean pork, diced fine
1 cup glutinous rice
3 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked for 15 minutes in warm water, then diced
1/4 cup canned bamboo shoots, drained and diced
1 Tablespoon rice wine
2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
1 Tablespoon oil
1 three pound chicken
piece of cheesecloth and some skewers
1. Fry the pork for one minute in a hot dry pan.
2. Boil the rice in a like amount of water for five minutes, then drain.
3. Mix the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, wine, soy sauce, and pork. Heat a pan, add the oil and fry them for a minute. Allow to cool somewhat and add the rice. Stuff it into the chicken and fasten ends with skewers. Wrap it in the cheesecloth.
4. Bring a large pot of water to the simmering point and set the chicken in it. Simmer for forty minutes, remove from the water and unwrap it.
5. It can be carved at the table or carved beforehand; and if the latter, put the chicken pieces around the outside of a platter and mound the stuffing in the center.