Connect me to:
Beef in Noodle Nest
|Beef in Noodle Nest|
1 pound beef, cut into very thin strips
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon Chinese rice wine
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons sesame oil
4 teaspoons dark soy sauce
1 Tablespoon corn oil or another vegetable oil
1 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
2 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon water chestnut or lotus flour
1 hot chili pepper, seeds removed and slivered
1 large green pepper, seeds removed and cut into thin slices
1 cup cooked and slivered or canned bamboo shoots
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 cup recently cooked noodles
1. Mix sugar, rice wine, cornstarch, sesame oil, dark soy sauce, and the tablespoon of vegetable oil and toss this mixture with the beef slivers. Let rest twenty minutes, then drain the beef and set it aside. Discard this marinade.
2. In a small bowl, mix the oyster sauce, thin soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and the water chestnut or lotus root flour, and three tablespoons of cold water and set this aside.
3. Mix chili pepper, green pepper, and bamboo shoot slivers, and set aside until needed.
4. Heat vegetable oil and fry the drained beef for one minute, remove from the oil in a strainer basket, and set it aside over a bowl.
5. In whatever oil clings to the wok or is left in the fry pan, fry the garlic for one minute, then add the pepper mixture and fry for another minute. Then return the beef to the wok or pan and toss with the garlic and peppers, and then the sauce mixture. Stir-fry until thickened, about one minute, stirring with the sauce. Pour all over the hot noodles and serve.