Connect me to:
Savory Home-style Steamed Egg Custard I
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Savory Home-style Steamed Egg Custard I|
12 ounces chicken stock
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 Tablespoons finely minced scallions, white part only
1 Tablespoon peanut oil
2 Tablespoon oyster sauce
1. Beat the eggs the mix them with the other custard ingredients. Pour into a heatproof shallow bowl.
2. Set up a steamer or put a rack into a wok or deep pan and fill it with two inches of water and bring the water to a boil.
3. Carefully lower the bowl with the custard into the steamer or onto the rack. Turn the heat to low and cover tightly. Steam gently for twelve minutes or until the custard has barely set.
4. Remove the custard and sprinkle with the chopped scallions.
5. Heat the oil in a small pan until just before it begins to smoke and pour it over the custard.
6. Add the oyster sauce and serve five or six people immediately.