Connect me to:
Egg Yolks, Fresh and Stir-fried
|Egg Yolks, Fresh and Stir-fried|
10 fresh shrimp, peeled, their veins removed
4 dried shrimp, soaked in warm water for half an hour, peeled then minced
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
4 canned water chestnuts, minced
6 fresh egg yolks, beaten until lemon yellow
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon finely minced Yunnan or Smithfield ham
1. Mix fresh shrimp with the rice wine and water chestnuts; and set this aside.
2. Mix minced shrimp, water chestnuts, egg yolks, salt, and broth, and set this aside separately.
3. Heat vegetable oil, and then add the dry shrimp mixture, and stir-fry for one minute. Then add the fresh shrimp mixture and stir fry until barely set and soft, about one and a half to two minutes.
4. Stir one last time before putting into a pre-heated serving dish, sprinkle the minced ham, and serve.
Note: Here are two popular variations:
A) One-half cup chicken thigh meat mixed with one teaspoon each soy sauce, ginger juice, and cornstarch can be an alternate protein added to the shrimp mixture before frying.
2) Two preserved thousand year duck eggs or five preserved pigeon eggs, yolks mashed, whites coarsely diced, another alternative for the shrimp mixture, added before frying.