Connect me to:
Mini Egg Tarts, Hong Kong Style
|Mini Egg Tarts, Hong Kong Style|
2 pie crusts
1/4 cup flour, for dusting
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk
1 cup granulated sugar
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
3 fresh egg yolks, beaten well
1 salted egg yolk, beaten well
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare pans for two dozen small tarts, each dusted with flour, then filled with a thin layer of pie dough. Then dust them also with flour.
3. Mix cream, milk, sugar, cornstarch, both beaten egg yolks and vanilla extract until sugar is dissolved; then pour this into the pie dough-filled tart tins until they are three-quarters full of this mixture.
4. Bake for twenty minutes or until cooked through, determined when toothpick into the center of a tart comes out clean.
5. Cool for ten minutes, then move the tarts to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve when desired, but do refrigerate if not within an hour.