Connect me to:
Mixed Seafood Dumplings
Fish and Seafood
|Mixed Seafood Dumplings|
½ pound of sea scallops, sliced thin
½ pound raw shrimp, peeled, veins removed, and diced
½ cup finely sliced garlic chives
4 large shiitake mushrooms, soaked, stems discarded, and finely diced
1 Tablespoon Shao Xing rice wine
1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
½ teaspoon granulated sugar
40 round dumpling wrappers
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
Chinese mustard or soy-ginger dipping sauce or one of your own choice
1. Mix the cut scallops, shrimp, garlic chives, and the shiitake mushrooms and set them aside.
2. In a separate dish, a glass, mix the wine, oyster sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch, white pepper, and sugar. Then mix them both together and refrigerate covered for half an hour.
3. Fill each wrapper with one tablespoon of the seafood mixture, then wet the edges of a wrapper and fold and pleat it closed. Repeat until all are pleated putting them on a flour-coated platter not touching each other.
4. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add half the pleated dumplings. When water re-boils, add another half cup of cold water; and when that boils again, add another half cup cold water.
5. When this boils again and dumplings float, drain and serve them. Boil the rest of the dumplings as above. Serve with your own choice of a dipping sauce.