Connect me to:
Crispy BBQ Eel Dumplings
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Crispy BBQ Eel Dumplings|
1/2 cup grated cucumber (use largest holes on a box grater)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound package frozen eel (labeled unagi kabayaki)
3 Tablespoons cream cheese
1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons mince red onion
2 Tablespoons mince cilantro
36 dumpling wrappers
oil for deep frying
Ponzo dipping sauce, optional
1. Mix grated cucumber and salt, and let rest twenty minutes, then rinse with cold water and press between paper towels.
2. Remove skin from the eel and mince, then mix with the cucumber.
3. Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, soy sauce, sugar, onion, and cilantro, then the eel mixture and refrigerate for half an hour of more.
4. Fill each dumpling wrapper with one tablespoon of the eel mixture, and pleat the dumpling skins closed.
5. Preheat the oil, and fry a few eel dumplings at a time until golden, stirring them once or twice. Then remove them to paper towels and drain. Serve with a dipping sauce, if desired.