Connect me to:
Chinese Spring Rolls
Rice, Noodles, and Other Grain Foods
|Chinese Spring Rolls|
1/4 pound ground pork
1 Tablespoon rice wine
2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon corn oil
1 scallion, minced
1/4 pound savoy cabbage, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 pound bean sprouts
1 package spring roll or similar dough sheets
oil for deep frying
mustard or another dipping sauce of your choice, optional
1. Mix pork with wine, soy sauce, and cornstarch.
2. Heat Tablespoon of oil and fry the pork until it changes color, then add the scallions, cabbage, seasonings, and sesame oil.
3. Then add bean sprouts, stir once or twice, remove from heat and cool.
4. Put two tablespoons of the filling on a spring roll sheet, then roll and seal it with egg, flour paste, or water. Continue until all filling and sheets are prepared.
5. Deep fry in oil until golden brown, drain on paper towels, and serve with mustard or any other dipping sauce.