Connect me to:
Steamed Peach Pudding
Fruits, Desserts, and Other Sweet Foods
|Steamed Peach Pudding|
1 Tablespoon solid shortening
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 pound can sliced peaches, liquid discarded, fruit dried
1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup milk (approximate)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Grease a round cake pan with the shortening and dust with half the brown sugar. Then put peach slices decoratively in a single layer in the pan.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and sugar and the remaining brown sugar and put these in a one quart bowl with measurements on the side. Then add margarine and eggs and mix well. Should this be less than one cup, add some of the milk to make this batter be one cup. After you do, mix well again.
3. Add the vanilla, mix and pour over the peaches.
4. Steam this mixture over rapidly boiling water for one hour checking that there is enough water in the steamer; if there is not, add more boiling water.
5. Turn the finished pudding over onto a serving plate and serve it hot or cold feeding four to six people.