Connect me to:
1/2 cup plum sauce OR cook your own: by mixing three plums, 1/2 slivered red chili, 3 Tablespoons sugar 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder, 1 teaspoon white vinegar, and 1/4 cup water and simmering them for ten minutes, then cool, and set aside
2 ounces chopped cooked chestnuts
2 ounces dried soaked minces shiitake mushrooms
1/2 cup cooked sticky rice (as made below)
1 ounce Chinese sausage, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon shao xing wine
2 boneless duck breasts with skin left on
2 teaspoons salt
2 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
2 quail fillets, boneless and skinless
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Mix stuffing of chestnuts mushrooms, cooked rice, Chinese sausage, salt, sugar, five-spice powder, sesame oil, and wine and divide into six portions.
3. Pound each chicken thigh, then top with a portion of the stuffing, and put it on the duck breast. Next arrange the quail on top of it with another portion of the stuffing, and put these under the stuffed duck breast. Now roll these three items tightly in aluminum foil and bake on a cookie sheet for half an hour.
4. Remove the foil, reduce the oven temperature to 425 degrees F and cook for another half an hour before turning the oven to broil. Now cook for five to ten minutes.
5. Remove to a wooden board, slice carefully, and serve with the purchased or prepared plum sauce on the side.
To prepare the sticky rice: Soak the rice overnight or for three hours, then drain and reserve all the liquid. Next, add two tablespoons oil and stir it with the rice in a heated wok or fry pan until the rice has absorbed all the oil. Follow this adding one cup of the soaking liquid and stirring the rice until all of it has been absorbed. Now add more soaking liquid two tablespoons a a time until the rice has stopped absorbing any more liquid. Now, remove from the heat source and let this rest for half an hour before mixing in the other ingredients; and then divide it into six portions. Use as indicated above