Connect me to:
Vegetarian Gold Coins
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Vegetarian Gold Coins|
1 cup grated potatoes or taro root
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup Bisquick
2 large eggs, beaten separately
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 cups oil for deep frying
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Steam potatoes or taro for fifteen minutes until tender, then squeeze out extra moisture.
3. In a large mixing bow, mix all vegetables, Bisquick, on egg, sesame oil, salt, and sugar. Blend well until a dough forms that is soft and smooth.
4. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and shape dough into small balls, about thirty of them. Bake them for twenty minutes or until firm. Flatten each ball into the shape of a coin.
5. Allow the vegetables to cool slightly, while they do, make a batter of the other egg, half cup of water, the flour and the rest of the sesame oil. Coat each coin-shaped piece with batter.
6. Deep-fry the battered vegetable coins in small batches until golden brown. Drain well and serve immediately.
Note: Cooked left-overs can be heated in your oven, uncooked ones frozen for future use.