Connect me to:
Chicken Wings Stuffed with Doufu
|Chicken Wings Stuffed with Doufu|
30 two-bone chicken wings
1 three-inch piece firm doufu, cut into matchstick-size pieces
1 three inch piece of daikon, cut into match-stick pieces
6 dried Chinese black mushrooms, soaked for twenty minutes, stems removed and discarded, caps cut into matchstick pieces
1/4 pound watercress
1 Tablespoon Chinese black rice wine
½ cup chicken broth
½ teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Simmer the wings for three or four minutes, then when cool enough to handle, remove their bones.
2. Mix together the doufu, bamboo shoots, and mushroom pieces.
3. Put one scant piece of the vegetable mixture stuffed into each wing cavity, do not over stuff them.
4. Steam the water cress for one minute, then squeeze out the excess water and arrange this green around the outside of a round platter.
5. Arrange the wings in a heat-proof ceramic bowl that fits into the steamer, mix the wine, broth, salt, and sugar, and pour over the wings, and steam them covered for twenty minutes. Drain the liquid with the wings into a wok or small pan, add an ice cube and the cornstarch, mix well, and stir as it boils. When thick, pour this over the wings and greens and serve.