Connect me to:
Shredded Snake with Rainbow Vegetables
|Shredded Snake with Rainbow Vegetables|
1 one-ounce package bean thread noodles
1 cup corn oil
3 wonton wrappers, cut in half then into very thin slivers.
2 Tablespoons rice wine
2 Tablespoons red vinegar
1/4 pound Chinese celery, cut into one-inch-long pieces
1 green pepper, cut into thin one-inch-long slivers
1/4 sweet red pepper, cut into thin one-inch-long slivers
1 small daikon, cut into thin one-inch-long slivers
2 Tablespoons dried tangerine peel, soaked and slivered as are the vegetables
1 tablespoon corn oil
2 cloves garlic, slivered as are the vegetables
2 slices fresh ginger, cit into thin slivers
1 Tablespoon wine, dry sherry, or vermouth
1/2 pound snake meat, cut into one-inch thin slivers
1. Pull bean threads apart in half.
2. Heat cup of oil and fry half the bean threads until they expand completely, drain them, put on paper towels and repeat with the other half. Put both batches on a platter and crush them ever so slightly, just until the top seems flat.
3. Fry the wonton wrapper pieces, drain and set aside on a paper towel.
4. Soak snake meat in wine and vinegar for one hour, drain and discard the liquid.
5. Mix celery, peppers, daikon, and tangerine peel and set aside.
6. Heat oil in a wok and fry garlic and ginger until it gives off a strong aroma.
7. Fry the vegetable mixture for one minute, then add the wine and the snake meat and stir-fry about three minutes, Put on the bean threads and serve topping with the fried wonton pieces.
Serves six to eight.