Connect me to:
Steamed Pork Topped With Salted Yolks
|Steamed Pork Topped With Salted Yolks|
5 salted egg yolks
1 Tablespoon oil or solid vegetable fat
½ pound pork loin, coarsely minced
1 pickled cucumber, minced
1 cup peeled and minced large white radish (daikon)
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
½ teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
2 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed with two tablespoons cold water
1. Steam the salted egg yolks in a small heat-proof dish over boiling water for five minutes. Remove from the steamer, cool somewhat, then cut each one in half and set them aside.
2. Grease a round shallow low-sided heat-proof dish.
3. Gently mix chopped pork, cucumber, radish, ground pepper, sugar, and the soy sauce and put into this greased dish.
4. Place the steamed yolks evenly on the top, evenly spaced around the meat mixture, then put this dish over rapidly boiling water in a steamer for twenty minutes. Then remove and pour any liquid into a small pot before inverting the meat mixture onto a pre-heated dish with sides.
5. Mix any liquid in the steamed pork mixture with the cornstarch mixture, bring to the boil stirring until it thickens, and pour this over the meat mixture, and serve.