Connect me to:
Fish and Seafood
12 large shrimp, shelled but with tails left on, veins removed
½ teaspoon garlic salt, divided
2 spring roll wrappers
1 large carrot, cut into 3 x 1/4 inch matchstick shaped pieces
1 egg, beaten
oil for deep frying
4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Sriracha sauce
1. Cut each spring roll into thirds making twelve narrow strips.
2. Place carrot pieces into a small bowl and sprinkle them with 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt and set them aside, sprinkling the remaining garlic salt with the shrimp.
3. Brush the top third of each spring roll strip with egg, and pace a piece of shrimp at its bottom, put a carrot strip on top of the shrimp, and roll tightly. The egg will hold them together, and let the tail and some of the carrot protrude resembling a firecracker.
4. Mix the mayonnaise and chili sauce and set aside as a dipping sauce.
5. Heat oil in a wok or deep pan to 350 degrees F, and fry until golden brown, about two or three minutes, turning them a few times, then drain on paper towels; and serve with the dipping sauce.