Connect me to:
Stir-fried Snow Frog with Egg White
|Stir-fried Snow Frog with Egg White|
1 ounce defrosted and soaked hasma
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon corn oil
5 egg whites
5 ounces water or non-fat milk
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 ounces crab meat, all cartilage removed
1 Tablespoon finely minced Smithfield ham or coriander
1. Soak hasma in two cups of warm water for an hour, rinse, drain, and discard the soaking liquid, and cut into smaller pieces.
2. Re-soak the hasma in the stock for an hour, then simmer together for half an hour, and drain. The stock can be reserved and used for other purposes.
3. Beat egg whites until almost stiff. Mix water or milk with the cornstarch then fold into egg whites, and finally gently fold in the crab meat and the hasma.
4. Heat oil and discard any that does not coat the pan, then fry the egg white mixture until it is the consistency of soft scrambled eggs.
5. Transfer this to a pre-warmed serving dish, garnish with ham or coriander, and serve.