Connect me to:
Sesame Noodles I
Rice, Noodles, and Other Grain Foods
|Sesame Noodles I|
2 ounces mung bean noodles, soaked in hot water
1/2 pound cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, shredded
1 cucumber, cut in very thin strips
1 carrot, cut in very thin strips
4 ounces bean sprouts, heads and tails removed
1/2 cup snow pea pods with strings removed, cut into thin strips
1 Tablespoon sesame paste
3 Tablespoons hot tea
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
1. Boil two cups of water and cook the noodles for five minutes. Remove, cut into six-inch lengths and put on a very large serving platter, spreading them out, covering the entire plate.
2. Put the chicken on these noodles leaving an inch all around the edge.
3. Do the same for the cucumber, then the carrots, then the bean sprouts, leaving an inch of the previous food uncovered around the entire plate. Then top with the pea pods in the center.
4. Mix the sesame paste and hot water until mixed well. The add the oil and the chili paste. Just before serving, pour this sauce over as much of the ingredients as possible.
5. Toss at the table then serve or allow diners to help themselves.