Connect me to:
Chicken with Pomegranate and Pine Nuts
|Chicken with Pomegranate and Pine Nuts|
|1 Tablespoon sugar|
1/4 cup pine nuts (or peanuts or blanched almond slivers)
1/2 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into half-inch dice
1 Tablespoon thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 egg white
1 cup corn oil
1 scallion, minced
2 slices fresh ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1/4 cup bamboo shoots, diced to the same size as the nuts used
1/2 green pepper, diced to the same size as the nuts used
1/2 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
1 Tablespoon rice wine
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
2 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed with two tablespoons cold water
1 pomegranate, seeded
1. Mix sugar and nuts and add a half cup boiling water and set aside for half an hour. Then drain and dry the nuts.
2. Mix the chicken, thin soy sauce, cornstarch, and the egg white.
3. Heat the oil, and then deep fry the nuts for half minute, rmove them and drain and then deep-fry the chicken for one minute. Remove and drain, leaving one tablespoon of the oil in the wok; reserving the rest of it for another use.
4. Stir-fry the scallion, ginger, and garlic in the tablespoon of oil for half minute, then add the chili sauce with garlic, rice wine, and sesame oil, and mix well before adding the drained chicken, nuts, the cornstarch mixture, and half of the pomegranate seeds. Stir for one minute or until thickened before putting this into a serving dish.
5. Sprinkle the rest of the pomegranes seeds on top, then serve.