Connect me to:
Bong Bong Chicken
|Bong Bong Chicken|
2 chicken breasts
2 stalks scallions
1 to 2 tender cucumbers
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 slices ginger, minced
½ to 2 teaspoons Szechuan pepper corn powder, to taste
3 Tablespoons light soy sauce
2 Tablespoons sesame paste
1 Tablespoon Chinese vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon hot pepper oil or to taste
1. Place chicken breasts in a pan with two slices ginger and scallions tied in bundles.
2. Cover with boiling water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer twelve to fifteen minutes, then squeeze out water.
3. Skin cucumbers and cut each into half and slice them into thin pieces. Marinate them with half a teaspoon of salt for 10-15 minutes, then squeeze out water.
4. Spread out the cucumbers on top of the serving dish.
5. Bone chicken breasts and tear the meat into one and a half by one third inch pieces.
6. Put the pieces of chicken on top of the cucumbers and sprinkle with ginger, garlic, and the ground Szechuan peppercorn.
7. Place sesame paste in a bowl, add soy sauce and mix well.
Just before serving, pour sauce over the chicken, toss lightly, and serve.
Note: This recipe is from the Szechuan or Western Region.