Connect me to:
Stir-fired Steak with Green Peppers and Tomatoes
|Stir-fired Steak with Green Peppers and Tomatoes|
3 Tablespoons peanut oil
1 clove garlic
1 scallion, white part only, minced
4 slices ginger root
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound flank steak
2 medium tomatoes
1 medium onion
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
2 teaspoons sherry
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup beef broth
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1. Slice flank steak into strips. Each strip should be about one-eighth by one and a half inches.
2. Cut each tomato into ten wedges.
3. Cut peppers in quarters and remove the seeds; then slice each diagonally.
4. Peel onion and cut in half and slice thinly.
5. Peel garlic and mince well.
6. Slice the ginger root into thin strips.
7. Mix sugar, sherry, soy sauce, black pepper, and broth.
8. Mix cornstarch with two tablespoons cold water.
1. Heat oil. Add garlic, scallion, ginger, and salt and stir-fry a few seconds.
2. Add meat slices, stir fry for one minute.
3. Add tomatoes, peppers, and onions, and stir-fry one more minute.
4. Add sugar, sherry, soy sauce, black pepper, and broth, and keep stirring until all ingredients are well-mixed.
5. Add cornstarch mixture and stir until gravy thickens.
6. Put everything into a large bowl. This recipe can be served with four cups of cooked rice.