Connect me to:
Roast Drunken Duck
|Roast Drunken Duck|
2 teaspoons each thin and dark soy sauce
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
1 four pound duck
2 Tablespoons corn oil
4 slices ginger, julienned
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 onions, thinly sliced
8 dried mushrooms, soaked then discard stems
1/4 cup bamboo shoots, julienned
2 Tablespoons Sichuan preserved vegetable, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
2 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
1. Mix soy sauces, wine, salt, and five spice powder. Then rub the duck inside and out with this.
2. Heat oil, add garlic and ginger and fry a few seconds, then add onions and stir fry about a minute. Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and preserved vegetable and stir fry another two minutes, then add rest of the stuffing ingredients, stir fry another minute, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and stuff the duck, tie with skewers, and roast breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan for seventy five minutes.
4. Turn heat to 475 degrees F. Mix glaze ingredients, brush over duck, and bake about ten minutes more until skin is richly glazed.
5. Let sit about fifteen minutes and carve, or allow to cool about an hour, then carve and serve.
Note: For the glaze, mix two tablespoons dark soy sauce with one tablespoon hoisin sauce.