Connect me to:
Many Flavored Beef Slices
|Many Flavored Beef Slices|
2 slices fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon black or white pepper
1 small chili pepper
1 teaspoon dried tangerine peel
2 Tablespoons coarse salt
1 pound flank steak
1. Mix scallions with two tablespoons warm water and set aside for half an hour. Strain solids out pressing out as much liquid as you can. Reserve this scallion water.
2. Do the same with the ginger reserving the ginger water.
3. Grind peppers, tangerine peel, and salt. Then add half of both scallion and ginger juice and make into a paste. Add the rest if needed.
4. Simmer the beef for twenty minutes. cool and cut into very thin slices.
5. Spread the paste over every piece of meat and pack then tightly into a small jar or container, close, and put this into the refrigerate for two days.
6. Remove slices, rinse them, and put on a baking sheet. Bake at 200 degrees F until very dry; this takes several hours, then cool and store in a very dry place.
Note:These can be frozen and re-baked for about an hour before use. Traditionally only a small amount of this meat is used as a snack item, often served with tea or with dim sum.