Connect me to:
Fish and Seafood
1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
4 beancurd sheets
1/2 cup cornstarch mixed with three to four tablespoons of water
1 cup oil, for deep frying
1. Peel and cut banana into three even-sized pieces. Cut each piece in quarters, first cutting them in half the long way, then cut each in half the long way again. You should have twelve stick-shaped pieces.
2. Cut each shrimp in half the long way, then mix them with the salt, sugar, and cornstarch. Set them aside to marinate for fifteen minutes.
3. Soak beancurd sheets in boiling water for ten minutes, drain and pat dry with paper towels. Then cut them into pieces, each about four inches square.
4. Stir the cornstarch water mixture. Then roll one piece of shrimp and one piece of banana in it, as you would roll an egg roll, point of the skin facing you, sides turned in, then rolled completely. Put a dash of the cornstarch mixture on the point to seal it.
5. Heat oil. Dip half the shrimp rolls in the batter and fry them until crispy, about two minutes. Drain them on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining rolls. When all are drained, serve.
Note: They can be sprinkled with confectionary sugar, if desired.