Connect me to:
Spare Ribs and Cucumber Soup
Soups and Congees
|Spare Ribs and Cucumber Soup|
10 dried shrimp
3 black mushrooms
1 pound spare ribs
3 slices fresh ginger
2 scallions, minced
1. Soak the dried shrimp in warm water for twenty minutes or overnight, and in another bowl, soak the mushrooms in one cup of hot water for twenty minutes or overnight.
2. Cut ribs into two-inch pieces, peel the cucumber and slice it into one-eighth inch thick pieces.
3. Place ribs, ginger, drained dry shrimp, and mushrooms and their water, but not the sand at the bottom of the bowl they are in into the pot. Add five cups additional water and bring this to the boil then simmer for twenty minutes with the lid only half on.
4. Cover tightly and immediately place the pot into the insulated container for at least four hours.
5. Remove from the insulated container, add the cucumber and bring to the boil. Sprinkle the scallions on top and serve.