Connect me to:
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
2 and 1/2 pounds bok cai
4 cups peanut oil
1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly roasted in the oven until pale tan
1. Separate stalks from the leaves and set aside for another use.
2. Wash the leaves well, drain thoroughly, and dry in a salad spinner. Then roll them tightly and finely shred them.
3. Preheat an oven to 250 degrees F, and put the shredded leaves in for fifteen minutes. Remove and cool, then divide into four batches.
4. Heat oil and deep fry one batch for half a minute, no longer, and remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all are done.
5. When cool, toss with salt and sugar and the pine nuts, then serve.