Connect me to:
Persimmon and Scallops
Fish and Seafood
|Persimmon and Scallops|
1 very ripe persimmons, blanched, peeled, and seeded
15 large sea scallops
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
15 slices of bacon
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon minced fresh coriander
2 Tablespoons corn oil
1. Mash persimmons with a potato masher mixing in two tablespoons cold water.
2. Rinse scallops and drain well, then mix with the cornstarch and wrap each one around the outside edge with a slice of bacon. Leave the end tucked under the scallop.
3. Mix pepper, sugar, and coriander and set aside.
4. Heat oil and fry the bacon with the end piece on top for one minute, then turn so the bacon is on the bottom. Sprinkle with pepper mixture and continue frying for just two minutes more, then remove to eight warmed serving plates.
5. Heat mashed persimmon mixture in the remaining liquid in the pan for one to two minutes, until boiling, then drizzle this over each set of scallops and serve.