Connect me to:
Yunnan Tripe, Pork, and Pickled Vegetables
|Yunnan Tripe, Pork, and Pickled Vegetables|
1 pound beef or lamb tripe
1 teaspoon mushroom soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup pickled mustard green or other pickled vegetable
1/4 pound pork loin
2 Tablespoons corn oil
1 Tablespoon thin soy sauce
1/2 Tablespoon black vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1. Boil the tripe in one quart of water for two minutes. Remove the pot from the heat source but leave the tripe standing in the hot water for half an hour, then drain and discard the water. Cut the tripe into strips about the same length as the pork, but twice as wide, and then toss with the mushroom soy, cornstarch, sesame oil, and sugar.
2. Rinse pickled vegetable in three changes of water, then cut into thin strips.
3. Cut pork loin into thin strips, each about one-inch long and one-quarter-inch wide.
4. Heat corn oil and stir-fry the pork for one minute until just before it loses its pink color, and set it aside in a bowl.
5. In the oil remaining in the wok, stir fry the vegetable for two minutes, then add the tripe, thin soy, and the vinegar and stir-fry three minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Add the pork and cook another minute stirring constantly, then serve after sprinkling with white pepper.