Connect me to:
Eight Jewel Coconut Rice Pudding
Fruits, Desserts, and Other Sweet Foods
|Eight Jewel Coconut Rice Pudding|
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped out or half-teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lime, zest only
1 teaspoon candied orange peel
1 teaspoon candied lotus seeds
1 and 1/2 cups coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup rice flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon butter or oil
2 fresh mangoes, peeled and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix eggs, milk, sugar, scrapped pieces of the vanilla bean, lime zest, both candied fruits, coconut milk, and salt in one bowl and the rice flour and baking powder in another.
3. Fold the rice flour mixture into the egg mixture.
4. Rub the butter generously around four six-ounce ramekins leaving over a quarter of a teaspoon. Place them into a large flat pan and pour boiling water around them, and then pour the egg-flour mixture into each of these four containers.
5. Grease a sheet of aluminum foil with the remaining butter and use it to cover the ramekins before baking them for thirty minutes. Then test them to see if a knife comes out clean, if not, bake another five minutes or so, then test again, and when it does, remove them from the oven.
6. Loosen the sides of each ramekin and then allow them to cool. You can serve them as is with the chopped mango on the side or invert them onto a serving dish and surround them with the mango.