Connect me to:
Easy Tasty Moon Cake
Holiday and Celebration Foods
|Easy Tasty Moon Cake|
1/2 cup flour
2 Tablespoons margarine, melted
1 can bean or lotus seed paste
1 package Crescent Rolls
1 egg, beaten
1. Mix flour and margarine to make an oil dough. Knead until smooth and divide into eight portions.
2. For filling, take one teaspoon of bean paste and roll it into a ball; then make the other seven of them.
3. Divide Crescent Roll dough into 8 pieces, roll each up into a ball and flatten into a three inch circle. Put oil dough in center and gather dough around it to make a ball.
4. With your hands, shape this into a strip about two inches wide and four inches long. Roll this strip into a ball and flatten to make it pancake shaped. Use your thumb to make a depression in the middle of each piece of dough and place bean paste there. Enclose the dough around this and flatten to make moon cake about two inches in diameter.
5. Arrange on a greased baking sheet and brush top with beaten egg.
6. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for twenty-five minutes or until golden brown.
Note: To be even easier, omit the oil dough and only use the Crescent Roll dough, however, the resulting moon cake will not be as flaky.