Connect me to:
Crispy Aromatic Roast Duck
|Crispy Aromatic Roast Duck|
1 duck, cut in half, backbone removed from the underside, then cut in half again
1 Tablespoon coarse salt
1 Tablespoon crushed black pepper
1 Tablespoon Chinese cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon five-spice powder
2 Tablespoons dark or mushroom soy sauce
3 Tablespoons flour
3 cups corn oil
1. Dry duck with paper towel, then rub skin and underside with a mixture of salt, pepper, cinnamon, and five spice powder. Let it rest for half an hour.
2. Fill bottom of a steamer with lots of water and bring it to a boil, then set it to simmer. Put duck pieces on an oiled steamer rack. Cover the steamer and steam for ninety minutes. Turn off the heat and allow it to rest for another hour.
3. Rub the duck with soy sauce and set this aside for half an hour.
4. Rub the duck with the flour and set this aside another half an hour.
5. Heat the oil and deep fry each quarter of the duck for about ten minutes, until beautifully browned. Then chop that piece into two inches square pieces. Repeat until all pieces are fried and chopped, then serve.