Connect me to:
Vegetarian Lamb Curry
Vegetables and Vegetarian Foods
|Vegetarian Lamb Curry|
1/2 pound dry gluten cubes
1/4 cup corn oil
1/2 pound Chinese yams or white potatoes, cut into two-inch pieces
1 or 2 red chili peppers, seeds removed and minced
1 Tablespoon curry powder
2 curry leaves or an additional half-teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon whole cumin
1 teaspoon whole fennel
2 two-inch quills or sticks of cinnamon
1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
1 green pepper, seeded and cut into one-inch pieces
1 carrot, peeled and cut into one-inch pieces
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
1 can baby corn cut into one-inch pieces
1. Soak gluten in warm water for one hour, then squeeze it of all of its water.
2. Heat oil and fry the gluten pieces until lightly browned, then drain and set the gluten aside. Also set the oil aside.
3. Bring two cups of water to the boil, add potatoes and cook them for twenty minutes, then drain and discard all but one cup of the potato water.
4. Reheat oil and fry chili pepper for one minute, then add all the other spices and stir fry them for one minute. Then add the gluten and stir fry it for one minute, add the drained potatoes and fry another minute.
5. Add the reserved water and simmer for ten minutes. Then add pepper, carrots, and peas and bring this to the boil, then serve.