Connect me to:
Bitter Melon and Pork Soup I
Soups and Congees
|Bitter Melon and Pork Soup I|
1 bitter melon
1 quart chicken broth
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, optional
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into thin strips
3 slices fresh ginger, minced
1. Cut bitter melon in half length-wise, then discard the seeds and pulp. Slice it into one-inch pieces.
2. Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt.
3. In a large suacepan, bring soup stock to a boil. Add pork strips and ginger. Simmer for one minute, then add the bitter melon and cook simmer ten minutes more.
4. Add soy sauce mixture, stir, then bring it to a boil and turn off the heat.
5. Beat the egg and drop it into the soup stirring constantly for half mintute. Then let the soup stand for three minutes before serving in a preheated soup tureen.