Connect me to:
Monkey Head Mushrooms in White Sauce
Vegetables and Vegetarian Foods
|Monkey Head Mushrooms in White Sauce|
1/2 pound monkey head (or other) mushrooms
1/2 pound chicken breast
2 Tablespoons Yunnan or Smithfield ham
1 Tablespoon oil
2 shallots, minced
2 slices ginger root
2 Tablespoons Shaoxing wine
2 Tablespoons chicken fat
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup milk mixed with
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 pound bok choy or other greens
1. Rinse mushrooms in warm water to remove any soil or sand, then cut them into quarter-inch inch slices.
2. Slice chicken breasts the same size then mix them with ham and mushrooms. Put all in a bowl, cover and steam for thirty minutes. Uncover, drain, and reserve the liquid.
3. Heat wok and add oil then fry shallots and ginger for one minute. Add the mushroom mixture and fry another minute.
4. Mix all other ingredients except the greens and add to the wok. Boil one minute until thick and set aside.
5. Steam green vegetables until crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Plate mushroom mixture and put greens around.