Connect me to:
Baked Beef Pastry
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Baked Beef Pastry|
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 pound ground beef
2 scallions, minced
2 slices fresh ginger, minced
2 sprigs coriander, minced
1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil (or Tabasco sauce)
1 Tablespoon corn oil
1. Mix flour with enough water to make a soft dough (about half a cup) and knead for two or three minutes until soft and elastic. Cut the dough into four pieces.
2. Mix beef, scallions, ginger, coriander, soy sauce, hot oil, and cornstarch gently, but until well mixed, and divide into four parts.
3. Flatten one batch of dough and roll out until a quarter-inch thick and put meat in the middle. Bring edges together, and pinch shut, then flatten with seam side up. Repeat until all four are made.
4. Grease baking pan with corn oil and put four stuffed cakes on the pan, seam side up and put into an oven preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Bake for ten minutes, then turn pastries over and bake another fifteen minutes, then serve.