Connect me to:
Nuts and Chestnuts
1 and 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup soft butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
40 walnut halves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. Beat butter and both sugars until fluffy then add egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
4. Next add the flour mixture and mix well, and then stir in the chopped walnuts.
5. Divide dough into four parts, then each part into ten portions. Then roll each into a ball and place two to three inches apart on a baking sheet. Press a walnut half onto top of each ball.
6. Bake fourteen to sixteen minutes or until golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for five minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store rthe approximately forty cookies in an airtight container.