Connect me to:
Ginger Sauce Eels
Fish and Seafood
|Ginger Sauce Eels|
2 pounds skinned and cut up eels
2 and 1/2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
2 Tablespoons rice wine or dry sherry
1 and 1/2 teaspoons sugar
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
10 slices fresh ginger root
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
2 scallions, minced fine
1. Marinate the eel pieces in soy sauce, wine and sugar for half-an-hour.
2. Heat oil in a wok or pan. Add ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant and when they start to turn brown.
3. Add marinated eels and when the liquid is boiled out, add the stock, cover and simmer for twenty minutes.
4. Mix cornstarch with a teaspoon of water and add to the eel mixture to thicken.
5. Add sesame oil, if using it, and garnish with the scallions, then serve.
Be sure to serve this very hot; it tastes best then.