Connect me to:
Ginkgo Nuts with Chicken
|Ginkgo Nuts with Chicken|
4 Black mushrooms
1 whole chicken breast
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon white wine or dry sherry
3 Tablespoons oil
1 scallion, white part only, minced
1 Tablespoon ginger root, minced
1 can ginkgo nuts, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup peas or pea pods
1/2 cup baby corn
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water for half an hour, then dice into one-inch pieces. Set aside one-quarter cup of the mushroom liquid.
2. Dice the chicken and mix with cornstarch and wine.
3. Heat two tablespoons oil and fry the scallion and ginger root for one minute.
4. Add chicken mixture and fry for one minute, then add the ginkgo nuts, peas, and corn and fry a minute more.
5. Mix mushroom liquid with soy sauce, stir-fry one more minute, then serve.