Connect me to:
West Lake Soup II
Soups and Congees
|West Lake Soup II|
6 cups concentrated low-sodium broth
2 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed with one tablespoon cold water
3 to 4 Tablespoons ground beef
2 Tablespoons water chestnut flour
2 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
2 Tablespoons dry sherry
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 egg whites, beaten until almost thick
1 scallion, minced
1 Tablespoon minced Smithfied ham
1 hard-cooked egg yolk, chopped fine
1. Prepare a large steamer that will hold a heat-proof soup tureen.
2. Heat broth and mix in the cornstarch mixture, bring to the boil, then turn off the heat.
3. Mix the beef with the waterchestnut flour, soy sauce, sherry, and sesame oil. Add to the soup mixture. Stir well making sure that there are n lumps in the meat.
4. Bring soup back to serving temperature and put it in the serving tureen.
5. Add the egg whites and stir, then decorate with scallion, ham, and egg yolk. Put this tureen in a steamer for five minutes. Then serve.