Connect me to:
Spring Rolls (also known as Egg Rolls)
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Spring Rolls (also known as Egg Rolls)|
1 boneless chicken breast, about 6 ounces
1 ounce package cellophane noodles
1/4 cup cloud ear mushrooms (optional)
2 carrots, peeled and grated
2 scallions, chopped
4 ounces frozen shrimp, minced
1/2 pound bean sprouts
1 teaspoon salt, or salt to taste
16 Shanghai-style egg roll wrappers
vegetable oil for frying
1. Cut the chicken into thin slices, then mince them.
2. Soak the noodles in hot water for a half hour. Then cut them into one-inch segments.
3. Soak cloud ear mushrooms in hot water until soft. Then wash them thoroughly and chop them into small pieces.
4. Combine chicken, noodles, mushrooms, carrots, scallions, shrimp, bean sprouts, and the egg and mix well.
5. Take two Tablespoons of the chicken mixture and shape it in a long-round pile in the middle of a wrapper. With a corner towards you, fold wrapper over the filling and tuck the ends in to the middle before rolling the rest of the way. The juice form the filling will seal it.
6. Heat oil to 375 degrees F then deep fry the Spring Rolls until lightly browned, turning them once if necessary.
Serve immediately after frying if you like them crispy.