Connect me to:
Sweet Like Honey
|Sweet Like Honey|
6 ounces fresh ginger
1/2 pound deboned leg of lamb
1/2 Tablespoon brown bean sauce
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons vinegar
1 and 1/2 teaspoons light soy sauce
2 teaspoons sherry
2 teaspoons corn starch mixed in half-cup of water
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Wash and peel the ginger root.
2. Cut it into small pieces then mince it in a food blender with two tablespoons water. Strain the ginger through a wire screen. It will yield about one-quarter cup of juice. (Any extra juice may be kept in an airtight glass jar in the refrigerator for several days.)
3. Cut lamb into thin strips about one to two inches long; then mix it with brown bean sauce, sugar, and corn starch and set it aside.
4. Mix vinegar, soy sauce, sherry, one tablespoon of the ginger juice, and the corn starch and water mixture.
5. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a wok and stir-fry lamb mixture for two minutes. Remove it to a dish and drain removing the excess oil. Set aside
6. Add one tablespoon oil to the wok, then add the honey and stir until it bubbles, then add the ginger juice mixture and stir until this thickens.
7. Next, add the lamb mixture and the sesame oil and cook for a minute or two.
8. Remove from the heat and serve.
Note: Thie recipes is excellent with hot rice.